Tuesday, August 18, 2015

EOC Week 6: Website Ideas

According to the instructor, the average person will spend 7 seconds on a web page before deciding if they want to stay on the page or not. Using this knowledge we need to make sure the front page of our personal websites have enough flash to get a person to stay on the page and see what we have to offer.
The first idea I have to make this happen is to use an opening animation when my website is open. An animation will catch the persons eye and make them want to see what else this website has to offer. I am an animation student and I think that would also showcase what I can do and get the audience interested in what other pieces of animation I have.
My second idea is focused on the design and layout of the website. No one wants to look at a website with no color and times new roman font laid out with minimal effort. When you open my website the first thing I want is to grab peoples aesthetic side with my colors and design. I am using a red white and black color scheme which is the most successful and widely used color scheme in advertising.
The third idea that popped into my head is the use of sound. Sure, when an advertisement starts playing without me prompting it to on a webpage I get frustrated and want to close it. However, I think if used correctly; the use of sound, in this case a song, could be a great tool in getting peoples attention. Not only would it be nice to have something playing in the background but the particular song I use can reflect a bit of my personality and maybe relate to the audience a bit.
Another idea I have is the use of an original and personal drawing or logo I create. Nothing makes you stand out more than being an original and expressing yourself through what you love. I love drawing and am trying to showcase that skill in addition to my animation skills. A simple and charming drawing can express me and my abilities. I believe if the audience were to see one of my drawings and enjoy it right off the bat, they would look more into my work.
My last idea to make my front page stand out is to have it be simply a slide show. This would put out some of my work right from the start. I would have to use flashy and well done pieces of my work in order to really make the audience want to stay. But once they see some of what I can do, I'm sure they'd want to look more into it. A well placed slideshow can really ease the audience into what they're about to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment