Tuesday, August 25, 2015

EOC Week 7: Career Goals

My ultimate career goal is to be making major motion pictures that can be viewed and enjoyed by all. I want to write and direct movies or at least be involved with the process and have my voice embedded in the project. I know that is a long way to go from where I'm at now which is an almost graduate from the Art Institute of Las Vegas, but I believe I can achieve it.
They say you have to dream big in order to make it big, and that's what I've been doing ever since I was a little kid. As a child I never longed to be an accountant or have some boring safe job, I wanted to do something big and be big myself. At an early age I discovered I had an affinity for drawing and creating. I didn't think anything of it until people started telling me how good my work was and that I should pursue a career in it. I was skeptical because I knew almost no one makes it big in art, but that didn't stop me. After attending a "normal" college for a year and a half, I knew this was not the type of learning I wanted to undertake. After much contemplation I became a student at the Art Institute and was more than happy with the type of education I was receiving. Over the years I have developed my skills in drawing, design and animation. I even acquired a few graphic design jobs where I got to put my love of creativity to good use. I learned that making art was about so much more than expressing yourself, its about telling a story. No matter what medium of art you practice, a well done piece tells a story that can't be put into words.
With all the knowledge and skills I have gained at this school I will pursue my career in the media arts and animation industry. I plan on getting an entry level job in animation and working my way up. Now I love animation but it's not necessarily what I want to be doing for the rest of my career. I want to be on the ground floor of the animation or film making process. Even if I don't come up with the story, I want to be collaborating on it and developing it to make it an amazing piece. I have done this in class and it was something I thoroughly enjoyed, I would love to do that in my career. I know my ideas and creativity would be a valuable asset on any story making team and that's why I plan on pursuing that type of job. I know I could make a great film maker or director and am excited to pursue a career in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment